« Home | The fight for normalcy » | TAKA-TAKA! » | Entrepreneurs are really neat! » | Proof that I'm really here » | Bumps in the road » | The job » | Long weekend » | The working life » | Listo, set, go! » | The search goes on »

Did I really do all of this?

This past weekend I:
  • Trekked through and rapelled down a cliff in the Andes
  • Biked through a small Argentinian community on a beautiful and sunny day to visit 2 wineries, a wine museum, and an olive oil factory
  • Tasted and learned about the differences between Malbecs, Borgonas and Torronteses
  • Spent a whole day wandering around Mendoza - walking a little, having some artesanal chocolate, walking some more, eating some gelato, walking a little more, eating cheap gourmet lunches, and so on
  • Ate, for about $11 US, a piece of Argentinian filet mignon with spinach a la crema and a glass of locally made Cabernet
  • Discovered alfajores - a chocolate or sugar covered shortbread cake filled with dulce de leche or fruit marmelade
  • Brought home two bags filled with wine, alfajores, clothes, Argentine leather goods, etc.
A little too indulgent at times, but learning about wine is simply great fun. I just hope I don't turn into Miles from Sideways soon.

Not bad for about the cost of one or two nights stay and dinner in a medium-priced hotel in New York or London!

Apoorva

I'm very jealous of everything you're doing down there. Have fun and stay safe. Make sure you get enough info to open your own microcredit bank, and give me a job.

Apoorvah,

Long time no talk! It sounds like Chile is amazing. I have to comment of the picture of you in front of Havana. That is my favorite coffee shop in Paraguay. Such good memories. I assume you are visiting Anne while you are there. Hope all is well!

Sarah

Post a Comment