« Home | The working life » | Listo, set, go! » | The search goes on » | In the big city » | Ya me voy » | Some things just don't change... » | The idea »

Long weekend

This weekend is known as el Dieciocho is Chile. It´s the nation´s independence day tomorrow, and that means everyone is having a crazy time grilling meat, dancing Cueca (the national dance), and taking it easy. It´s so much more intense than 4th of July.

I decided to take off to Valparaíso/Viña del Mar for the weekend. I spent the first two days in Valparaíso. The city is quirky and beautiful. It´s at the edge of the Pacific but covered with hills. So the whole city is up and down, and little houses line every hill. Art is everywhere in the city, and every house is painted a different color. (Pictures will come soon) It was fun to see more of Chile and has been relaxing, even though I have walked like no other.

Then today I left the hostel to come over to Viña del Mar. Much less personality but more access to the ocean, so there´s a lot of great, tranquil views. The city is really small and dotted with luxury high rises.

I´ll be back in Santiago soon and back to work. A post will soon come about my work - I have found out more exciting things about my job description.

Take care and feliz dieciocho,

Apoorva

Hey Apoorva,
Everything sounds really awesome, i can't read it all now because i have to run off to celebrate my friend's birthday, but i will read it all when i get back. I'm glad you're enjoying it and it sounds like you have lots going on, which is always good. I just got back from going to Cape Cod with Evan which was fun. Oaxaca seems like so far in the past now, it's weird. I start school in 8 days which is cool but also kind of sucks in a way. It's cool that you are keeping a blog again, I will definitely keep up with it.
Love,
Maya

¡Feliz Dieciocho, Apoorva!
Un saludo desde Rice,
Jose.

Post a Comment